October 2023 (dates TBC)
Our October 2023 course will be held in Valencia, Spain.
2 Day Course Costs
Aspire UCS are proud to introduce our new two day face-to-face course on ultrasound-guided locoregional anaesthesia of the hindlimb, co-delivered by our European and RCVS Specialists in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia.
As with all Aspire UCS face-to-face ultrasound training, this two day theoretical and practical course has a strong hands-on training and competency-based emphasis. The course includes the necessary appreciation of the fundamentals of ultrasound physics, development of ultrasound system skills, ultrasound and cadaveric anatomical recognition, demonstration of in-plane ultrasound-guided needle procedures and plenty of hands-on practice of the nerve-block techniques taught on this course.
There is a practical clinical assessment incorporated into the training to enable the attendees to exit the course with confidence in their newly acquired ultrasound skills and abilities, enabling them to work safely and within their scope of practice.
Aspire’s informal delivery style provides attendees with ample opportunity to seek advice and support from the faculty through the duration of the course. And don't forget the online mentorship and support sessions with the Aspire team which are bookable after the course - make use of that "Sonographer on your shoulder" for all your practical technique and ultrasound-related queries.
The two day course includes:
- Introduction to locoregional anaesthesia, indication, and contraindications
- Use of local anaesthetics and basic pharmacology
- Fundamentals of ultrasound physics, image formation and B-Mode artefacts
- Ultrasound system skills and appropriate image optimisation
- Principles of safe and successful in-plane ultrasound needle guidance
- Practicals - hands-on cadaveric guidance of the most commonly used nerve blocks for stifle and distal hindlimb surgery
Clinical practical assessments to include:
- Ultrasound system knowledge, skills, and image optimisation
- Ultrasound-guided needle demonstration
Certificate on successful completion of course assessment.
Lunch and refreshments are provided during the course
Places numbers on Aspire courses are deliberately kept low for each course run to ensure that hands-on practice is at the centre of your learning experience.